Emigration clearance for Indian passport holder | Emigration clearance for ECR passport | Emigration clearance in Bangalore | eMigrate
What is Emigration Clearance ?
Emigration Clearance (EC) is a type of legal authorization for ‘emigration’ acquired in the prescribed manner and form from the POE, (Protector of Emigrants). Emigration clearance is issued under provisions of section 22 (1) of the Emigration Act 1983. As per the Emigration Act, 1983, Emigration Check Required (ECR) categories of Indian passport holders, require to obtain “Emigration Clearance” from the office of Protector of Emigrants (POE), Ministry of Overseas Indian Affairs.
Who needs Emigration Clearance ?
All citizens of India whose passport has been categorized as ‘Emigration Check Required’ (ECR) have to get Emigration Clearance ( EC ) from the PoE( Protector of Emigrants ) before proceeding to nations where Emigration clearance is mandatory for the employment purpose. At present, passports of all those applicants whose education qualification is less than 10th standard are classified as ECR Passports. An endorsement (remark/ stamp/ ECR seal) to this effect is provided either in the last page or in the second page of the passport by passport authorities at the time of issuing passport.
Which countries requires Emigration clearance
How to get Emigration Clearance ( EC ) from POE? What is the procedure of getting ‘Emigration Clearance’?
- At present, to get ‘Emigration Clearance’, the application has to be filled and submitted online on the website of the ministry.
- After the scrutiny and verification of the documents presented and on the complete satisfaction of the requirements, ‘Emigration Clearance’ is granted by the PoE.
- Emigration Clearance’ can be obtained from the PoE’s either through a Registered Recruiting Agent or as ‘individuals’ directly as part of bulk requirement done by him, by applying to the POEs in the way and form prescribed for the purpose.
- On successful filing of the application, a token number along with the date of appearance before the POE is given online to each candidate on the website. A printout of the token number assigned should be taken and presented to the PoE with other necessary documents as mentioned for obtaining ‘Emigration Clearance.’
What are the documents required for filing and submission of Emigration clearance application ?
- Passport copy ( front and back data pages – clear scan copy ).
- Copy of visa.
- Emigrant photograph ( passport size – clear scan copy ).
- Copy of Aadhar Card (Mandatory in case UID is entered in the emigrant registration
- Copy of PBBY ( Pravasi Bhartiya Bima Yojana ) policy.
- Employment Contract.
- Other documents, as applicable as per the jurisdiction PoE office.